It had to be easy to make, not require the use of too many dishes (so it could be made for family dinners in the middle of the week), and it had to be a flexible recipe (meaning, it could be made with whatever ingredients are already in the fridge).
Cheese and Spinach Pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit, and cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place butter and milk In a large bowl, and melt in the microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Mix well. If the butter hasn’t melted yet, keep microwaving the mixture for 30 second intervals.
Add flour and baking powder and mix well with a spoon. Eventually, begin to knead the mixture with one hand (the other holding the bowl steady), until it forms into a smooth dough. If the dough sticks to your hand, add a tablespoon of flour at a time, but not too much — otherwise, the dough will dry out.
In a separate bowl, mix all the cheeses together.
- Separate the dough into two parts. Using the rolling pin, flatten one half between two sheets of parchment paper (secret trick!)
Place half of the cheese mixture on the center of the dough
Arrange the spinach leaves on top of the cheese
With the help of the paper, fold over one side of the dough on top of the filling, and then fold over the other side. Pinch the edges together so he filling won’t spill out.
Carefully transfer the pastry onto the baking sheet, and then repeat the process with the other half of dough.
Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm.
Meanwhile in my studio —-
• In my Paper Art and Table decor shop Pomegranatree, I’m busy creating lots of table decor pieces for so many happy occasions! Graduation parties, July 4th, Bar-Mitzvah and so much more. You can see many more designs here.
• In ChicMango – my Personalized Kids & baby Wall Art & Room Decor shop, I added many more name sign designs! Just choose the design you want for someone you love. More designs are here.
• In HowDoYouDoIt – my Crochet, Knitting & Sewing Patterns and Designs shop, I was busy (very busy!!!) videotaping, editing and creating 30 (!!!) FREE video tutorials for basic crochet stitches – everything you need to know about basic crochet. All you need is to grab some yarn and a crochet hook – and start creating!
All my video tutorials are FREE for everyone – and can be found on my YouTube channel and on HowDoYouDoIt facebook page. All are welcome to visit, subscribe, like, share and Crochet.